|The folowing entry is NOT for Obi-Wan fans! You have been warned...
||[Jan. 20th, 2007|05:43 pm]
Umm...I'm in my hater mood today I actually submitted a membership request to a Obi-Wan-haters community here on LiveJournal and am impatiently waiting to (hopefully) be accepted! Its so hard to find those who are tired of ll the Anakin hating and those who hate Obi-Wan and think he was a real princk...
Well since I'm in such a hostile mood today I just had to give of some reasons for WHY I hate the little prissy.
WARING: the following rant is NOT for Obi-Wan fans.
Oh gosh...there are so many reasons that I hate him for. Or maybe its only a few complex reasons I don't know. Well for one he is just too "Jedi." Especially how some authors like Stover make him out to be so "perfect." Now he may have been a perfect Jedi but far from a perfect person.
1. He's just...so cold. He could never let Anakin in no matter how much Anakin loved him and tried to be his friend. Its better in ROTS but at the first sign of danger Obi-Wan blaes and hides behind the Code. Yes, I'm talking about Mustafar here as well as anything else. This brings me to my next point...
2. Heartless and well...does the guy even know the meanings of words like loyalty and friendship? I understand why Anakin never trusted Obi-Wan with his darkest secrets like his marriage -- he was too afraid Obi-Wan would rat him out to the council...which he probably would do.* When he went to Mustafar he didn't even try to find out WHY Anakin turned. So yes Anakin screwed up, screwed up big time, but hello! This is, supposedly, you're best friend we're talking about. If you really CARE about him then why not TRY to do something instead of provoking him with accusations and the starting a fight. (Obi-Wan was the one to ignite his 'saber against.) Then he left Anakin to burn. That's what I call heartless. He could have at least finished the job. I think a quick death is a much more preferable fate then burning alive.
Obi-Wan’s the guy who knows everything about duty but doesn’t know the first thing about loyalty. And I just can’t respect that. .
*3. Suck up. Seriously! When the council says "jump" Obi-Wan jumps! What's up with that?
4. Hypocrite. "Only Sith deal in absolutes" that's what he tells Anakin after ANakin says "if you're not with me you're my enemy." Well isn't Obi-Wan doing the same thing? Fighting Anakin because Anakin isn't on HIS side. Many wold say its because Anakin was on the 'evil" side but since when are good and evil NOT a POV? Alos, aren't Jedi suppose to be oh so forgiving, compassionate, etc? Well leaving Anakin to burn alive wasn't exactly compassionate!
5. Liar. That speech to Luke about a “certain point of view” was such BS. He totally lied to Luke about his father leaving the boy so unprepared for the awful truth when it DID come out. Also “You were my brother, Anakin, I loved you!” Why do I have SUCH a hard time believing that? Now even saying that it’s at least partially true…still! If you loved him so much, Obi-Wan, then WHY didn’t you ever SHOW it?
6. his behavior in TPM was appalling! He was selfish, immature, and inconsiderate. I mean seriously, he was jealous of a nine year old child! Another thing is that he told Qui-Gon that Anakin was dangerous and etc, ect, ect, right in front of the boy! (If you watch the scene on the landing platform right before they go back to Naboo, you’ll notice that Anakin heard it all). He’s not exactly making the kid feel any more welcome,
7. The line “Dreams pass in time” seriously bugs me. It’s just so cold and…agh! I mean Anakin’s looking for comfort. Understanding, and sympathy. Not another dogmatic Jedi platitude!
Wow--where did this come from? I thought, based on your writing, that you were an A/O shipper? If that's changed, I'm sorry to see you leave the fandom!
I don't disagree with most of the points you make about Obi-Wan's character--he, like Anakin and the rest of the Jedi, were deeply conflicted and contradictory and complex. I absolutely adore Obi-Wan, it's true, but I in no way believe him to be perfect. In fact, I grew up hating Obi-Wan for lying to Luke like that, but after seeing the prequels, and seeing his story, I understand why he made many of the decisions he did. All in all, I think it was tragic for both of them.
Hope you can find it in your heart to forgive Obi-Wan!
Oh fear not! i am still an Obi.Ani 'shipper all the way! i know it seems strange but I LOVE that paring, dispite what my feelings toward Obi might be. I don't know why I so exploaded today... I have finals xoming up and all this studying makes me cranjy I guess...I'm more mellow usually. i must admit that I don't like him though. Its just the brutal truth. *sight*
I haven't left the Obi/Ani fandom though, so don't even count on it lol.
Uh, baby I know, I know what's happening to you.
Sometimes I feel the same rage about the cold and stern Obi-Wan.
Maybe because i love Anakin so much, or maybe because the Obi-Wan personality looks so different to me, I mean I'm a very insinctive person.
But it's just for the strong difference between them that I love this pairing, for the beautiful interection master-apprendice, for the cold and severe look of Obi-Wan that suddenly turns to warm and loving smile when he look at Anakin. This warm me better then anything.
Because I think that they would be similar there was no slash to write and read about them.
Please don't leave this pairing, I love your fics.
Aw thanks, hon! I know exactlyb what you mean!
I do love the paring because they are so different. And I think I also love it cause I know how much Ani loved Obi...and I hope, though in serious debates I will always ardently argue differently, that Obi would love/did love Ani at least half as much.
Thanks for all your supposr *hugs*
Whoa alley! LOL
I have seen your Obi rants before, but wow LOL
I have a lot that I disagree with you on, but don't know where to start, and I shouldn't say because it is your rant LOL.
Let it out then I guess LOL
I put up a warning in large red letters fo r reason lol. Hey you know me so I don't think this was a surprise. Of course I've never been this blunt and harsh in my wording, I don't think, and mostly for the sake of not bating and the languange restrictions and such on TFN but I was really in one of my "lets bitch on Obi-Wan" moods so it came out brutal...but hey at least I was honest. Lol.
Hey and what's up with the Sparrow icon? Hah? Hah? You snubbing our hot little Jedi or what?
lol, jk (mostly *smirk*)
LOL I understand. I have long since known your hate for Obi LOL. As long as you write the smut, I'm good with it.
Yeah TF.net...I just got banned from there for flaming LOL. You can't say anything LOL
I'm a Johnny Depp/Jack Sparrow fan girl through and through. ;)
"As long as you write the smut, I'm good with it."
"Yeah TF.net...I just got banned from there for flaming LOL."
OMG! Are you serious? Wow...dang, Dee...
"I'm a Johnny Depp/Jack Sparrow fan girl through and through. ;)"
You wanna know what you really are?