Dear NPT Author,
Firstly, I would like to say thank you for the time and effort that you are willing to put into making my gift :) The order of the fandom/requests and/or the number of details/prompts for each is no indication of how much I want something - I would be very happy to get something for any of my requests! Optional details are optional, of course, but if you're like me and like to have lots of info to work with, I've tried to provide some info on the sorts of things I like (and don't) and give prompts for each of the characters I’ve requested.
- I'm good with slash, het, gen (and fem for background ships), though I do have a general preference for slash outside of specifically requested ships.
- All ratings up to R.
- A focus on the romantic/emotional aspect of a relationship and some semblance of a plot/point rather than just sex.
- Unrequited (or secretly requited) pining.
- Complicated relationship dynamics, love triangles, relationships that take some effort/time to work, loving each other but because [insert reasons here] not always being able to be together/communicate those feelings, etc in this vain.
- UST. Eventually resolved is probably better than not, however, not a must-have.
- Conversely from the above – romantic partners who just can’t help but adore each other.
- Praise kink (in the sense that there’s a lot of emotional investment in and getting-off on getting praised or otherwise acknowledged as worthwhile. Works especially well with characters who are deeply insecure. I’m generally fond of other related things, such as body worship, partners being encouraging during sex in a very sweet, reassuring way, etc).
- Threesomes/moresomes and polyamory.
- Incest (unless specifically asked for or canon).
- Parings with large age disparity (over 15 years) unless specifically asked for.
- Pedophilia (please keep minors in sexual relationships with adults 16 and over; if both partners are teens 14-15 is ok if treated appropriately).
- NC-17 and PWPs.
- BDSM, omegaverse, and most kink. (NOT included in this: foreplay; bantery/lighthearted roleplay for the purposes of foreplay; preferences for a certain sexual position, fascination with a partner’s physical trait, such as, e.g., preferring redheads or virgins or younger partners or being fascinated by someone’s shoulders; rough/aggressive/desperate sex or outside-of-bedroom inequalities that transfer into the bedroom, even though there may be pining down of wrists or some other element that could be considered a kink or part of BDSM; anything specifically listed as a “like”).
- Foot fetishes (I know I said liking specific body parts is fine, but feet are the exception).
- Humiliation (both sexual and not).
- Non-con/rape (dub-con that leans toward/ends up as consensual is ok).
- Mpreg; cross-dressing; genderbending/genderswap.
Genres/Themes (and such):
- Angst, drama. (Please don’t try to use this as a challenge to see how many angst/dark tropes you can fit into a single fic. I have no issue with dark themes, angst is my crack and things like character death don’t bother me, but if it feels like it’s just a marathon of horrible things happening with no light anywhere to be seen…that’s a little too intense for me.)
- Humor is fun too, but I like it more as an element in the story rather than a story that sets out to be funny first and foremost.
- Hurt/comfort (for m/m). I don’t mind if it’s “saccharine,” I love things that make me go “aww” and give me cuddly feelings.
- LOYALTY KINK! Themes of loyalty in general. Protectiveness.
- Friendship, family (dynamics), platonic love.
- Fluff, banter, cuddling/snuggling, kissing, general adorableness (and adoration!).
- Well-rounded characters, characters with emotions/sympathetic motives; the “other side of the story”.
- Politics, intrigue.
- Crack!fic, parody.
- AUs that subvert the universe or drastically change the setting (eg: genderswaping the cast, setting a modern fandom as a fairytale, turning a historical fandom all Sifi, Coffee Shop/College AUs, etc. This includes stuff like A/B/O and inserting magic/supernatural elements into a non-magic/supernatural universe).
- Time travel.
- Character bashing. (Especially with requested characters.)
- Graphic gore and violence.
- Torture. (Mentions are fine if torture is something that happens in canon. BUT no deaths/executions by torture – eg: drawing and quartering – whatsoever. No torture of requested characters whatsoever.)
- Humiliation; any sort of glorification of bullying (this includes things like victim blaming, etc).
- Narrative implications that “sex = love” or that romantic partners HAVE to have sex to have a “valid” relationship or to be “really” in love with each other.
Requested character: Dana Scott
I really like Dana. I was kind of mad that the show kept making “sacrifices” of her competence as a lawyer in order to make sure Harvey remains unbeatable. On that note, I would actually love to see Dana beat Harvey on a case for once. On the other hand, I love Harvey/Dana and would love anything with that paring, either during canon, post-canon or pre-canon during their Harvard days. Alternatively, I think a Dana/Donna pairing would be fun! For example, an AU where Donna works for Dana. I know I said above the crossovers are a DNW, but I’ll make an exception for a crossover with SVU if you were inclined to write Dana/Casey Novak :) I’m also down for just a genfic about Dana – anything from a case!fic to just something exploring her as a character: her background, work, self-perception/goals, friends, etc.
Requested characters: Tiberius, Sabinus
I was rather disappointed with what the show did with Tiberius’ character after Ep 4, especially since I’d thought they finally decided to round out their antagonists a little more. So, characterization wise, I’d definitely prefer a story that sticks more to his early characterization, ie: the eager, slightly temperamental teenager who just wants to make his dad proud. Thankfully, Sabinus got to stay awesome and honorable until the very end.
(I would really-really love slash/shipfic here since I ship these two really hard. But, technically, I think most of the scenarios I mention can work with pre-slash or gen/friendship as well.)
I loved these two together. More or less anything that explores their relationship would be awesome. I am especially all about the loyalty kink with this pairing as well as hurt/comfort. A missing scene between that disaster of an attack on Spartacus and when we see them next in the tent the next day(?). Or a missing scene the night before decimation. Or, for an AU, what if that whole decimation thing is stopped somehow and Sabinus never dies. Would he be able to guide Tiberius away from disaster/doom? But, honestly, we get so much darkness with these two in canon that I’d probably prefer something more fluff or Flangst oriented. If it’s hurt/comfort – which, yes, please! – larger accent on the comfort part is preferred :)
A Song of Ice and Fire
Requested character: Quentyn Martell
I love Quent! I love that he’s sensitive and thoughtful and self-aware, but also intelligent and determined and actually quite brave (though foolishly so sometimes). For a gen piece, I’d be up for a character study or an exploration of Quent’s relationship with Arianne or his father or any other members of his family. Or something fun (or more serious/political if you like) with him and his friends before they go on their quest to Essos.
Quentyn/Gerris. This is one of my fave ASOIAF ships! I would love to see something from their youth together, lots of banter and what shenanigans they might have gotten up to. Their first kiss. OMG, Quent’s perpetual social awkwardness and how much worse it would be if he were confronted with having romantic feels and needing/wanted to reveal them – that would be an amusing scene. I admit to really enjoying the Prince/King and His Servant/Squire/Knight/What have you (knight, in this case) trope. Loyalty kink and hurt/comfort are your friends. If you just default to those two in their most iddy form for a thousand words I’d be perfectly content. Although, you know what, if it’s AU and Quent lives and succeeds in his mission somehow and goes back to Dorne victorious with Dany as his bride and there’s politics and pining and jealousy and plot and stuff? I’d eat that up with a spoon!
Quentyn/Sansa. I think they could be very happy together. This could be an AU where Quent doesn’t die and they meet either post-canon/endgame or at some point before that. Or it could be a total AU from pre-canon, like if Ned and Doran had arranged Quent’s and Sansa’s marriage and they got married and how that would work.