A03 name: Alley_Skywalker
Dear NPT Writer,
First, I would like to say thank you for the time and effort that you are willing to put into writing for me! Length of fandom sections or the order the fandoms are in is no indication of how much I want fic for any given fandom; I would be ABSOLUTELY DELIGHTED to receive fic in any of the fandoms I asked for. Optional details are optional, of course, but if you're like me and like to have lots of info to work with, I've tried to provide some details on the sorts of things I like (and don't) and give prompts for each of my fandoms.
- Outside of any ships I ask for specifically, I have a preference for slash as a general rule. I'm good with slash, het or fem for background ships!
- All ratings up to R.
- A focus on the romantic/emotional aspect of a relationship and some semblance of a plot/point rather than just sex.
- Unrequited (or secretly requited) pining.
- Complicated relationship dynamics, love triangles, relationships that take some effort/time to work, loving each other but because [insert reasons here] not always being able to be together/communicate those feelings, etc in this vain.
- UST. Eventually resolved is probably better than not, however, not a must-have.
- Conversely from the above – romantic partners who just can’t help but adore each other.
- Kissing, hugging, holding hands, non-sexual physical contact in general.
- Praise kink (in the sense that there’s a lot of emotional investment in and getting-off on getting praised or otherwise acknowledged as worthwhile. Works especially well with characters who are deeply insecure. I’m generally fond of other related things, such as body worship, partners being encouraging during sex in a very sweet, reassuring way, etc).
- Threesomes/moresomes and polyamory.
- Incest (unless specifically asked for or canon).
- Parings with large age disparity (over 15 years) unless specifically asked for.
- Pedophilia (please keep minors in sexual/romantic relationships with adults 16 and over; one-sided teenage crushes on adults are fine; sex where both partners are teens, 14-15 is ok if treated appropriately).
- NC-17 and PWPs.
- BDSM, omegaverse, and most kink. (NOT included in this: foreplay; bantery/lighthearted roleplay for the purposes of foreplay; preferences for a certain sexual position, fascination with a partner’s physical trait, such as, e.g., preferring redheads or virgins or younger partners or being fascinated by someone’s shoulders; rough/aggressive/desperate sex or outside-of-bedroom inequalities that transfer into the bedroom, even though there may be pining down of wrists or some other element that could be considered a kink or part of BDSM; anything specifically listed as a “like”).
- Foot fetishes (I know I said liking specific body parts is fine, but feet are the exception).
- Humiliation (both sexual and not).
- Non-con/rape (dub-con that leans toward/ends up as consensual is ok).
- Mpreg; cross-dressing; genderbending/genderswap.
Genres/Themes (and such):
- Angst, drama. (Please don’t try to use this as a challenge to see how many angst/dark tropes you can fit into a single fic. I have no issue with dark themes, angst is my crack and things like character death don’t bother me, but if it feels like it’s just a marathon of horrible things happening with no light anywhere to be seen…that’s a little too intense for me.)
- Humor is fun too, but I like it more as an element in the story rather than a story that sets out to be funny first and foremost.
- LOYALTY KINK! Themes of loyalty in general. Protectiveness.
- Friendship, family (dynamics), platonic love.
- Fluff, banter, cuddling/snuggling, kissing, general adorableness (and adoration!).
- Well-rounded characters, characters with emotions/sympathetic motives; the “other side of the story”.
- Politics, intrigue.
- Plot, long!fic. (I am absolutely not expecting to receive longfic, but I've seen some people say that they feel unsure about gifting longfic because they're unsure if the recip would enjoy it. So, in case you ARE thinking of writing longfic - please do!)
- Crack!fic, parody.
- AUs that subvert the universe or drastically change the setting (eg: genderswaping the cast, setting a modern fandom as a fairytale, turning a historical fandom all Sifi, Coffee Shop/College AUs, etc. This includes stuff like A/B/O and inserting magic/supernatural elements into a non-magic/supernatural universe).
- Time travel.
- Apocalypse/post-apocalypse scenarios, regardless of whether done as an AU or some kind of post-canon possibility thing.
- Character bashing. (Especially with requested characters.)
- Graphic gore and violence. Horror.
- Torture. (Mentions are fine if torture is something that happens in canon. BUT no deaths/executions by torture – eg: drawing and quartering – whatsoever. No torture of requested characters whatsoever.)
- Humiliation; any sort of glorification of bullying.
- Narrative implications that “sex = love” or that romantic partners HAVE to have sex to have a “valid” relationship or to be “really” in love with each other.
A Song of Ice and Fire
Both of these are Quentyn ships because, lbr, I love Quent! I love that he’s sensitive and thoughtful and self-aware, but also intelligent and determined and actually quite brave (though foolishly so sometimes).
Quentyn/Gerris. This is one of my fave ASOIAF ships! I would love to see something from their youth together, lots of banter and what shenanigans they might have gotten up to. Their first kiss. OMG, Quent’s perpetual social awkwardness and how much worse it would be if he were confronted with having romantic feelings and needing/wanted to reveal them – that would be an amusing scene. I admit to really enjoying the Prince/King and His Servant/Squire/Knight/What have you (knight, in this case) trope. Loyalty kink and hurt/comfort are your friends. If you just default to those two in their most iddy form for a thousand words I’d be perfectly content. Although, you know what, if it’s AU and Quent lives and succeeds in his mission somehow and goes back to Dorne victorious with Dany as his bride and there’s politics and pining and jealousy (and plot, but that's pretty optional) and stuff? I’d eat that up with a spoon!
Quentyn/Sansa. I think they could be very happy together. This could be an AU where Quent doesn’t die and they meet either post-canon/endgame or at some point before that. Or it could be a total AU from pre-canon, like if Ned and Doran had arranged Quent’s and Sansa’s marriage and they got married and how that would work.
Jord/Aimeric. Aimeric is a tragic character to me. He’s abused, then manipulated. His trauma response leaves him more vulnerable than Laurent. He gets caught up in a civil war and tries to do a brave thing (when you look at it from his side of the political divide) and it ends horribly. He ends up stuck between a manipulative “lover” and his family on one side and a man he’s come to love who genuinely loves him back but also a Prince he despises on the other. It’s all delightfully juicy angst but also terribly sad. Aimeric makes a lot of sense to me.
I would love me some Jord/Aimeric fluff or flangst or hurt/comfort. Jord/Aimeric hits all of my OTP kinks. I love how they work together, I love the difference in social power and yet the reverse difference in emotional vulnerability. I also just love Jord. I love how much Jord loves Aimeric. If you just want to write something utterly heartbreaking: Jord dealing with Aimeric’s death and realizing that despite the breach in trust he still loves the boy. And how devastating that realization is. Or, AU where at some point they decide "screw everyone" and run away to Vask or...IDK wherever and live happily in peace without Laurent, the Regent and all their drama. Or, as a narrow, fandom-specific exception to my general DNWs, a modern-day type political AU where the Regent and Laurent are leaders of political parties and it's election season. This way you get all the good political drama but no one has to die. (I love the political drama, not so much the "losers have to die/lose everything" part. This makes the stakes less high I guess, but the emotional fallout doesn't have to be so catastrophic either.)
DNW for this fandom: Laurent. As little of this character as possible, plesae. (He can still be mentioned and stuff, since it might be hard to write something without even mentinoing him, just not a lot of screentime/a significant role, if that makes sense.)
Star Wars (PT)
Note on canon: I’m familiar with some of the EU/new canon installations, but only really care about the movies for the most part, so move canon is the only canon you need to worry about knowing/following :)
Qui-Gon & Anakin. My favorite SW characters! I’ve always craved the AU where Qui-Gon doesn’t die and he trains Anakin. I always thought things would have worked out better for Anakin if Qui-Gon would have trained him – they would have understood each other better and there wouldn’t have been as much baggage to start out with. I’d enjoy seeing how plot points change if Qui-Gon was Anakin master (e.g.: does the Tatooine sand raiders massacre still happen? Does Anakin tell Qui-Gon about Padme? How does Qui-Gon counteract Palpatine’s influence and does Palpatine even have the same foothold in this universe?). I always believed Anakin wouldn’t have fallen if Qui-Gon had trained him. (Because I felt like there was an instinctive lack of trust from Anakin’s side toward Obi-Wan, and not without reason, and that it was a big contributing factor to his fall. But with Qui-Gon it would have likely been different, imo.) On the other hand, I’d love to see just happy fluff and/or adventure for Qui-Gon and a young padawan Anakin.
1) If the fic takes place during the Clone Wars: please, no Ahsoka or anything to do with that storyline.
2) Please don't ship them (romantically), even in an AU/when Anakin is an adult.
Tiberius/Sabinus. I was rather disappointed with what the show did with Tiberius’ character after Ep 4, especially since I’d thought they finally decided to round out their antagonists a little more. So, characterization wise, I’d definitely prefer a story that sticks more to his early characterization, ie: the eager, slightly temperamental teenager who just wants to make his dad proud. Thankfully, Sabinus got to stay awesome and honorable until the very end.
I loved these two together. More or less anything that explores their relationship would be awesome. I am especially all about the loyalty kink with this pairing as well as hurt/comfort. A missing scene between that disaster of an attack on Spartacus and when we see them next in the tent the next day(?). Or a missing scene the night before decimation. Or, for an AU, what if that whole decimation thing is stopped somehow and Sabinus never dies. Would he be able to guide Tiberius away from disaster/doom? But, honestly, we get so much darkness with these two in canon that I’d probably prefer something more fluff or Flangst oriented. If it’s hurt/comfort – which, yes, please! – larger accent on the comfort part is preferred :)