A03 name: Alley_Skywalker
Dear NPT Writer,
First, I would like to say thank you for the time and effort that you are willing to put into writing for me! Length of fandom sections or the order the fandoms are in is no indication of how much I want fic for any given fandom; I would be ABSOLUTELY DELIGHTED to receive fic in any of the fandoms I asked for. Optional details are optional, but if you're like me and like to have lots of info to work with, I've tried to provide some details on the sorts of things I like (and don't) and give prompts for each of my fandoms/ships.
- Outside of any ships I ask for specifically, I have a preference for slash as a general rule. But I'm good with slash, het or fem for background ships!
- All ratings up to R.
- A focus on the romantic/emotional aspect of a relationship and some semblance of a plot/point rather than just sex.
- Unrequited or secretly requited pining.
- Complicated relationship dynamics, love triangles, relationships that take some effort/time to work, loving each other but because [insert reasons here] not always being able to be together/communicate those feelings, etc in this vain.
- UST. Eventually resolved is probably better than not, however, not a must-have.
- Conversely from the above – romantic partners who just can’t help but adore each other.
- Kissing, hugging, holding hands, non-sexual physical contact in general.
- Praise kink (in the sense that there’s a lot of emotional investment in and getting-off on getting praised or otherwise acknowledged as worthwhile. Works especially well with characters who are deeply insecure. I’m generally fond of other related things, such as body worship, partners being encouraging during sex in a very sweet, reassuring way, etc).
- Threesomes/moresomes and polyamory.
- Incest (unless specifically asked for or explicitly canon).
- Parings with large age disparity (over 15 years) unless specifically asked for.
- Minors under 16 in sexual/romantic relationships with adults; one-sided teenage crushes on adults are fine. I'd rather not read about teenagers under 16 having sex, even if both are 14/15, but romance/kissing and some groping and whatnot is fine; references to off-screen sexual experimentation/sex is fine if it's something that fits the characters/story.
- NC-17 and PWPs.
- BDSM, omegaverse, and most kink. (NOT included in this: foreplay; bantery/lighthearted roleplay for the purposes of foreplay; preferences for a certain sexual position, fascination with a partner’s physical trait, such as, e.g., preferring redheads or virgins or younger partners or being fascinated by someone’s shoulders; rough/aggressive/desperate sex or outside-of-bedroom inequalities that transfer into the bedroom, even though there may be pining down of wrists or some other element that could be considered a kink or part of BDSM; anything specifically listed as a “like”).
- Foot fetishes (I know I said liking specific body parts is fine, but feet are the exception).
- Humiliation (both sexual and not).
- Non-con/rape (dub-con that leans toward/ends up as consensual is ok).
- Cross-dressing; genderbending/genderswap, non-canonical genders and gender headcanons in general
Genres/Themes (and such):
- Angst, drama. (Please don’t try to use this as a challenge to see how many angst/dark tropes you can fit into a single fic. I have no issue with dark themes, angst is my crack and things like character death don’t bother me, but if it feels like it’s just a marathon of horrible things happening with no light anywhere to be seen…that’s a little too intense for me.)
- Humor is fun too, but I like it more as an element in the story rather than a story that sets out to be funny first and foremost.
- LOYALTY KINK! Themes of loyalty in general. Protectiveness. I have a special place in my heart for the loylaty kink + rank difference combination, especially in M/M.
- Friendship, family (dynamics), platonic love.
- Fluff, banter, cuddling/snuggling, kissing, general adorableness (and adoration!).
- Well-rounded characters, characters with emotions/sympathetic motives; the “other side of the story”.
- Politics, intrigue.
- Plot, long!fic. (I am absolutely NOT expecting to receive longfic, but I've seen some people say that they feel unsure about gifting longfic because they're unsure if the recip would enjoy it. So, just in case you ARE thinking of writing longfic - please do!)
- Crack!fic, parody.
- AUs that subvert the universe or drastically change the setting (eg: genderswaping the cast, setting a modern fandom as a fairytale, turning a historical fandom all Sifi, Coffee Shop/College AUs, etc. This includes stuff like A/B/O and inserting magic/supernatural elements into a non-magic/supernatural universe).
- Time travel.
- Apocalypse/post-apocalypse scenarios, regardless of whether done as an AU or some kind of post-canon possibility thing.
- Character bashing. (Especially with requested characters.)
- Graphic gore and violence. Horror.
- Torture. (Mentions are fine if torture is something that happens in canon. BUT no deaths/executions by torture – eg: drawing and quartering – whatsoever. No torture of requested characters whatsoever.)
- Humiliation; any sort of glorification of bullying.
- Narrative implications that “sex = love” or that romantic partners HAVE to have sex to have a “valid” relationship or to be “really” in love with each other.
Aimeric/Jord. Aimeric is a tragic character to me. He’s abused, then manipulated. His trauma response leaves him more vulnerable than Laurent. He gets caught up in a civil war and tries to do a brave thing (when you look at it from his side of the political divide) and it ends horribly. He ends up stuck between a manipulative “lover” and his family on one side and a man he’s come to love who genuinely loves him back but also a Prince he despises on the other. It’s all delightfully juicy angst but also terribly sad. Aimeric makes a lot of sense to me.
I would love me some Jord/Aimeric fluff or flangst or hurt/comfort. Jord/Aimeric hits all of my OTP kinks. I love how they work together, I love the difference in social power and yet the reverse difference in emotional vulnerability. I also just love Jord. I love how much Jord loves Aimeric. If you just want to write something utterly heartbreaking: Jord dealing with Aimeric’s death and realizing that despite the breach in trust he still loves the boy. And how devastating that realization is. Or, AU where at some point they decide "screw everyone" and run away to Vask or...IDK wherever and live happily in peace without Laurent, the Regent and all their drama. Or, as a narrow, fandom-specific exception to my general DNWs, a modern-day type political AU where the Regent and Laurent are leaders of political parties and it's election season. This way you get all the good political drama but no one has to die. (I love the political drama, not so much the "losers have to die/lose everything" part. This makes the stakes less high I guess, but the emotional fallout doesn't have to be so catastrophic either.)
Fandom DNW: Laurent. (Mentioned and stuff are ok, since it might be hard to write something without even mentinoing him, just not a lot of screentime/a significant role, if that makes sense.)
Tiberius/Sabinus. I was rather disappointed with what the show did with Tiberius’ character after Ep 4, especially since I’d thought they finally decided to round out their antagonists a little more. So, characterization wise, I’d definitely prefer a story that sticks more to his early characterization, ie: the eager, slightly temperamental teenager who just wants to make his dad proud. Thankfully, Sabinus got to stay awesome and honorable until the very end.
I loved these two together. More or less anything that explores their relationship would be awesome. I am especially all about the loyalty kink with this pairing as well as hurt/comfort. A missing scene between that disaster of an attack on Spartacus and when we see them next in the tent the next day(?). Or a missing scene the night before decimation. Or, for an AU, what if that whole decimation thing is stopped somehow and Sabinus never dies. Would he be able to guide Tiberius away from disaster/doom? In a hurt/comfort scenario, I would really like for the emphasis to be on the comfort <3
Les Miserables - Victor HugoCourfeyrac/Marius
. THESE TWO!!! I LOVE Courf and I love the contrasts between them. Snarky, easygoing, extraverted Court who sees a boy and is instantly like “come love with me” on one hand and serious, introverted, reserved Marius on the other. I ship this as completely requited, so please no one-sided pining, unless it’s temporary. Otherwise, mutual (secret) pining is great! Hurt/comfort is great, including an AU where they both survive the barricade. On the other hand, I would enjoy something about Marius processing his grief after the barricades, intertwined with flashbacks of their relationship. Maybe something set during the time they were living together – falling asleep on the same bed after drinking too much or sick!fic (I’m always up for one of those)., especially where Marius is the one taking care of Courf. Maybe Courf taking Marius out and showing him a good time on the town and Marius being skeptical at first but then really enjoying himself and having FEELINGS (feelings he’s kinda confused and overwhelmed by lol).
If you’re up for it, I’d love something in either both their POVs or Marius’ POV – I feel like there’s a lot more fic in Courf’s POV/about how Court falls for/pines after Marius than the opposite.
Please no prominent role for Marius/Cosette. I don’t really care how you step around them, though I’d rather really bad things (like death…) not happen to her.Joly/Bossuet Laigle.
I feel like these two would make up the cutest couple! Bossuet with his bad luck but unrelenting good humor and Joly all neurotic and kinda weird. (The boy spent time examining his tongue at the barricades xD) I love that they live together and share everything and I would like to see how they’d fit together – Bossuet’s bad luck probably putting Joly on edge a lot, but then his optimism also acting as a soothing force.
Either fluff or angst would be cool. Maybe an AU where one or both of them survive. This could include hurt/comfort where they both survive and (somehow) one of them comes out relatively unscathed but the other is badly hurt. Or, emotional h/c where they’re trying to cope with what happened and the death of their friends. (Do they stay in touch with Marius?) For something more fluffy, maybe how they met, preferably some awkward/funny situation where Bossuet’s bad luck involved. Or when they finally move in together “officially” as opposed to Bossuet just crashing on Joly’s couch. My PWP/Explicit DNW not withstanding, for this request, I’d enjoy seeing what their first time was like, especially if there’s fumbling, awkwardness, attempts at sexy banter that go awry, and lots of Feelings (RM) and the focus is more on that than the…mmm…mechanics (I guess?) of the sex. Like, I’d be looking for it to be more “cute” than “hot.”
In line with my DNWs, I don’t ship the threesome with Musichetta, though I know It’s popular in fandom. You can just kinda ignore her, maybe as a crush that Joly had at one point but has since gotten over or, for pre-canon fic, hasn’t acquired yet.Les Miserables - All Media Typ
I love the trope (is it a trope or do I just wish it was?) of guy chooses rough-around-the-edges girl over perfect-princess girl, so I was totally shipping Marius/Eponine in both the book and the musical and wished they could end up together (although I knew they wouldn't). So, while I don't really have anything against Cosette, I'd love to see an AU where MArius ends up with Eponine, especially in a scenario where Cosette still exists but they break up or don't get together right away/when they do in canon and Marius gets over his feelings for her or his feelings for her don't get as obsessive... I'm not super picky in how you choose to play it. I'm also good with Eponine's characterization from either the 2012 movie or the book. Also, my general DNWs not withstanding, for this request specifically I would be cool with a college or young modern-day professionals AU.