Let m quickly leave a disclaimer that since this character is shown very very little in canon (mentions mostly), I have mostly my fanon and other people’s fanon to rely on in answering these, therefore subjectiveness prevails heh.
01. What is your opinion of this character? If you like, explain why you like him/her.
I’m neutral toward Rabastan. He’s one of the young DEs so I have a certain amount of “my side” sympathy for him, but otherwise no specific fondness. I do like him a lot more than his brother (which isn’t saying much, given how I feel about Roddy).
02. Is he/she important to the general plot?
Not particularly. But then JKR didn’t make a point of making her antagonists worthwhile so…
03. Can you relate to the character at all? Does he/she grip you emotionally?
Not really. I mean, I feel like Rabastan is quite centered and possibly even a bit introverted. I guess I can relate to the introverted part, but my introverted is a bit more like Regulus – a little more shy and “inner-world” than stoic.
04. How much do you like the fandom that this character comes from?
I like the fandom well enough. I’m most active in this fandom right now. However, this is partially because the fandom that is #1
for me is tiny/practically non-existent.
05. Do you ship this character with any other character? Or, are you particularly intrigued by his/her relationship with any other character(s)? (Romance-wise or platonic)
You know, Rabastan is the one I’ve never shipped really. I see him as Regulus’ best friend I kinda wonder at his relationship with his brother because I feel like they would still be close, but then there would always be the difference in personality…
06. Is there anything about the character you would change?
Hmmm….I’d give him a nudge once in a while so he can stop trying to seem older than he really is once in a while. I guess it’s hard with his older brother to live up to but then Evan and Ashley Mulciber have to as well and they manage without the stoicism :p
07. If you were in the fandom with this character or knew this character in real life, how would you see yourself interacting with him/her? Would you get along well? Fall in love with him/her? Dislike? Have a friendly rivalry?
…The thing is, in Real Life I disagree greatly with elitist politics, so I’m quite afraid that I would be on the fall out with the entire DE crowd. Given my “fandom image” (as in Slytherin Pureblood/Halfblood) I would probably be a bit weary of Rabastan, but I don’t think I’d dislike him, and House Loyalty can be a strong thing.
08. Does this character make the cut as one of your all-time favorites (if you like) or least favorites?
As I said, I’m fairly neutral toward him.
09. Would you hype this character up or warn about this character to someone new in fandom?
I’d hype the DE/Slytherin crowd collectively :)
10. Is this character popular with the fanbase?
Not very, but much more so than a lot of the other minor characters/DEs.