|New Years Meme
||[Dec. 31st, 2011|02:57 am]
Stolen from slumber
- What did you do in 2011 that you'd never done before?
Wrote a 31k fic, complete, within several months. It was also het :)
- Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I…didn’t really make any.
- Did anyone close to you give birth?
- Did anyone close to you die?
No, thank God.
- What countries did you visit?
Russia, Italy (!!!)
- What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
A job. Which is kinda sad because I don’t exactly WANT to work, but, yea, realistically, I know I need to start wracking up the work experience.
- What date from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
I’m horrible at remembering dates, so I don’t think there is one such date, although the day I signed my lease in early January this year was a pretty big deal. There’s also October 28 (I think), which was mostly a good day but is memorable for negative reasons.
- What was your biggest achievement of the year?
No clue. Lol. Look at #1 – that’s probably it. Which is a sad achievement, yes.
- What was your biggest failure?
Not getting a job, the grades I got this term, and not using my head well enough on 10/28.
- Did you suffer illness or injury?
Thankfuly, nothing major.
- What was the best thing you bought?
Ellie Goulding concert tickets.
- Whose behavior merited celebration?
My TA, Brian’s. He was a total lifesavor.
- Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Haha, I wouldn’t be able to name a specific person. At least, no one in my personal life.
- Where did most of your money go?
- What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Going to Italy OMG!
- What song will always remind you of 2011?
I download too much music to pick a single song lol.
- Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? I…don’t want to say sadder. More anxious/worried though, and not happier.
ii. thinner or fatter? Same
iii. richer or poorer? Same
- What do you wish you'd done more of?
Socialized, studied (especially this last term, especially for LSATs)…
- What do you wish you'd done less of?
- How will you be spending
Christmas New Years?
With the family, having a big dinner, watching festive tv stuff, presents after midnight, then fireworks until late-late into the night!
- Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?
Umm…my mom *sheepish*
- Did you fall in love in 2011?
No, that happened long before this year…
- What was your favorite TV show?
- Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Not, don’t think so.
- What was the best book you read?
- What was your greatest musical discovery?
Not sure if I made one…
- What did you want and get?
Nope. Well, partially – I wanted to go to Italy and I got it :)
- What did you want and not get?
Oh god a lot of stuff lol.
- What was your favorite film of this year?
- What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Ooooh my birthday was fun! I turned 20. I was up at Big Bear – a mountain resort sort of thing – with a ton of people in this huge fancy house and we partied all weekend. It was great.
- What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Something that will never, ever happen…
- How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
Haha, I don’t have a fashion concept. Unless “comfort first” is a concept.
- What kept you sane?
Fandom! Why do you think I’m here so much? Lol.
- Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Benjamin Sadler, as always.
- What political issue stirred you the most?
Well, there were various things that kinda pissed me off briefly but I guess these issues were not new enough to really get me worked up. I guess the Duma elections in Russia on Dec 4 came the closest to getting me worked up.
- Who did you miss?
My family, James.
was were the best new person people you met?
Lots of awesome people! Especially those I went to Big Bear with :)
- Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011:
Count your shots, you may think you’re not drinking a lot, but you could be very wrong if you’re not counting :p
- Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
Hah, I think an entire year of a life is too complex and multi-faceted for a single song lyric. I’d have to make a fanmix :p